it's been an interesting week...and here I thought we were going to get back to the same old routine! Last weekend, Miss Fiona just wasn't herself. Not particularly hungry and on Sunday she started running a bit of a low grade temp. I thought she'd just picked up a bug from somewhere and was prepared for it to get worse. However, Monday morning came and she was back to normal temp wise but just not herself. Monday afternoon, she started running a temp again, still relatively low grade but higher this time. And she started crying. I wasn't sure what was going on. She was acting like she does when she has picked up something with milk in it....fussy and irritable, tight stomach, a bit burpy. She was also drooling which as she's getting eyeteeth, wasn't cause for comment in us. About 8 pm, she cried out and had a huge BM. When I changed her diaper, there were streaks of blood all through her BM. Now, we've seen some blood before with allergies so I didn't panic and soon afterwards, she became much more like herself. So much so that she was up gallivanting around on our bed until 11 pm! Tuseday morning she was still rather quiet and when she wouldn't eat anything for breakfast or snack, I called and got an appointment with my GP. When he saw her and examined her, he thinks she has had something called volvulus....where the intestine twists in on itself. He's sending her on to a ped as sometimes it can be caused by intestinal malformation and there are some tests they want to do to rule that out. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing if it will happen again or even what triggered it. So, now I have my instructions if it ever does happen again and have been told not to worry. (easier said than done!)
So life in our household is yet again never dull! The boys had a good week back at school~ C settled right back in to routine and G is going through some growing pains as he adjusts to being back at class. He's great at school but really wound up at home and all over Fiona which causes her to be rather grumpy! Thursday afternoon, Steve caled and told me he'd decided to take Friday off :o) (I love it when he does that!) We dropped Fiona off for an hour with his Mum and had coffee together....lovely! I'm still in the midst of trying to find an organizing style that works for me so we discussed a variety of possibilities. I've used a binder system for a while (a la Flylady ) and tried to dip into a file crate system (see Dawn's post on this for more info). In the chaos of every day, I need something visual that I can *see* not something I have to go prying into so I think this eventually will work for me but I need to revamp it a bit. More on that later!
Everyone is awake now so my quiet time is effectively over ;o) Have a great weekend!

So life in our household is yet again never dull! The boys had a good week back at school~ C settled right back in to routine and G is going through some growing pains as he adjusts to being back at class. He's great at school but really wound up at home and all over Fiona which causes her to be rather grumpy! Thursday afternoon, Steve caled and told me he'd decided to take Friday off :o) (I love it when he does that!) We dropped Fiona off for an hour with his Mum and had coffee together....lovely! I'm still in the midst of trying to find an organizing style that works for me so we discussed a variety of possibilities. I've used a binder system for a while (a la Flylady ) and tried to dip into a file crate system (see Dawn's post on this for more info). In the chaos of every day, I need something visual that I can *see* not something I have to go prying into so I think this eventually will work for me but I need to revamp it a bit. More on that later!
Everyone is awake now so my quiet time is effectively over ;o) Have a great weekend!


2 comments:
Lordy, you are stronger than me. I'd have gone to pieces at the sight of blood streaks. Last week, Humbug did a poo and my heart stopped in it's tracks when I spotted little red dots in it. I was working up into a state when I suddenly remembered the day before she'd had pasta with a sauce that had chopped red pepper in it. It was the red pepper! I've never felt so relieved in my life.
The volvulus sounds horrendous. I hope she doesn't suffer from these attacks often, it sounds like it's agony for her. Poor little scrap. You certainly get more than your fair share of dramas with your little ones.
I have been giving Dud some extra snuggles on your instruction :O)
Must scoot. Lots to do. Still covered in snow. It's been years since it's been like this. We get a dash of snow each year, but this has been going on since before Christmas, the snow is deep in places, and the wind chill. yikes. I'm good with the cold, but even I am starting to *think* about it warming up a little bit! (just a little). Nice to snuggle up with hot water bottles thougH!
glad you got to spend a day with Steve, must have been a real treat :O)
xxx
Hello Tania, how lovely to find your comment. I would panic with blood but I guess you know better when it's your third kid. BTW 19f is much below freezing as it freezes at 32F I think it's a little more than minus 7 in celsius degrees. I hope everybody is healthy this week, hugs
Post a Comment