Tuesday, 22 December 2009

daybook...Monday

After a busy weekend we enjoyed a relaxing Monday~ both boys were given Sunday School Christmas pressies and built/played with them for most of the day. I had no qualms about allowing them to open up this present as it really started the week nicely for us...that and the fact that every other SS student was also opening them up! 

On the menu...    

Breakfast: smorgasboard. Little soy milk this morning so I had toast, the boys also had boiled egg with toast and Miss Fiona had Koala Crisp with a bit of soy milk on it. Lots of coffee for me (in bed late and up early) with juice for the boys. (left over from the weekend....they were so excited!)

Lunch: soybutter and jam sandwiches, orange sections, salad for the boys. I actually had a slice of toast and salad with orange sections, seed mix (sesame,sunflower and soy nuts) and tomatoes. Yum. 

Snack: "snack mix"~ mix of cheerios, shreddies, raisins, craisins, banana chips, chocolate chips, cheddar bunnies and mini pretzels with water and the last of the Kit Kat Crunchy bar that they each got the night before. 

Dinner:  Roast beef sandwiches, tomato or butternut squash soup and salad. Juice Spritzers to drink. Fiona had the squash soup with rice pasta and apple.  

Outside my window:  we've had lots of rain over the past week and Monday saw the last of it. It started to clear up in the afternon and the temperature fell. Now we're sitting at about 5C with it expected to fall lower overnight. Had to scrape the van windows today! 

We spent a lot of the day busy and while we built/played and crafted, we listened to the  FOTF Radio Theatre version of Prince Caspian. Wow. So well done and C and I were glued to the Cd player! He's a pretty intense personality so I was glad we chose to listen to it before trying to view any of the DVDs that are out there. He enjoyed it so much he was ready to move on to the next one but I think we'll take a few days before we get it out. Lots of fun seeing it from his perspective.

Fiona had a crazy early nap (10-11:15) and then was exhausted by nightfall which was all to the good as I was out to Costco. (didn't go on Sat). I've paid for it today by having her burst into tears every time I say the word "going". Oh the drama! 

Boys have Christmas brain and are soooo excited! I'm trying to keep them busy so we don't fight all week long :o) Take care!



 

3 comments:

sadie said...

oh the drama indeed! Humbug has a few words that triggers her quivering lip off too ... 'hairwash' being top of the list!! I thought we'd gone past that, but while it isn't as traumatic as it was at the start of the year, I can only wash her hair once a week, with LOTS of bribery!!! Surprising really, considering how happy she is now to let me sit and brush her hair, or plait it or try out new styles. Which reminds me. I found a website with 'how to's' for hairdos for girls. I must send you the link. I tried out one of the styles, and can see with a bit of practice it will be perfect for Teeny girl!

Glad you are having a good week. you already know that I think it's a great idea to let children have early Christmas pressies, but I shall echo my opinion! Do you let the children have Christmas Eve pressies? If not, consider it. Totally fabulous for all!

Must go. was just writing a late post while I had the chance, now I need my bed.

lots of love xxxx

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Dear Tanya,
I wanted to thank you dearly for the ecard you sent me earlier today. I was so thrilled !
I wanted to wish you & yours a very Happy Christmas. I haven't been the bestest friend in the world in 2009 & promise to do better in 2010.
Take good care, big big hugs oxoxo

Julie said...

Popping in to wish you a very merry Christmas! Have a super day!
Love & hugs xx

P.S. Hollie's doll came from Bamboletta.com. She is handmade, and was Hollie's Christmas present from my Dad last year. She is very well loved!