On the menu....
Breakfast: smorgasboard as per usual. Fridays, Steve has a breakfast Bible Study so he doesn't eat with us but the boys and I had toast, I had a bowl of Koala Crisp and so did Fiona. Coffee for me (and extra as Steve didn't have his usual 1/2 cup!) and milk or soy milk for the rest of them.
Lunch: Only a 1/2 day for Crispin so he was home and we had a late lunch after stopping at the library to pick up an obscene amount of holds for the next week!
Lunch was soybutter and jam sandwiches with sliced apple. Hot chocolate for the boys and water all round.
Dinner: Steve was out at a work function so Crispin and I worked together (yes, really!) and made alphabet vegetable soup. These w/w alphabet pasta shapes I found have really been useful! Simmered boy cut baby potatoes and carrots in stock with onion, peas and yam. A dash of marinara seasoning. We served these with homemade biscuits (sconeish type things) and a salad for me as well. (I love my salad!)
At dinner I announced that it was pyjama party night which was greeted with wild abandon on the part of the boys (they know that means movie!) so after dinner we all got into our PJ's, popped popcorn and turned on The Polar Express. Boys enjoyed the movie (especially G who doesn't remember watching it yet) and Fiona enjoyed the hot chocolate scene with the singing. She loves any kind of music and boogies away wherever she is when she hears it. I had the task of keeping her away from the screen and from eating bits of the Playmobil version of Rome that's set up in the family room right now. (C's on a Rome and Romans kick right now and has set up a model of parts of Rome downstairs...complete with Colesseum and wild animals!)
Got stuff to do today~ Costco...bleugh, take back leaking container of paint thinner to the toxic waste depot, coddle sick boy as C now has the nasty cold and prep for hosting a games night and potluck tonight. I'm making a huge batch of Hawaiian Chili as this group has a tendency to show up without RSVPing....oh yeah, and then they bring chips or pop!! We went to dessert only last year as it was too frustrating to do dinner regularly. I'll provide mixed salad greens and salad makings too. That way, anything else that shows up is just bonus.
On my way now to get a second cup of coffee! I'll leave you with a pic of Fiona in her gorgeous jim jams from Steve's aunt. They came with a matching teddy. :o)


3 comments:
nightmare to the cancellation!!! And so close to Christmas, not what anyone wants!!!
Love the jim jams,and Lady Fiona seems very happy in them. Is that a laundry basket full of washing 'to do'?! I ask because the amount of times I've taken a photo of Humbug thinking 'that'll be nice' only to realise I had a pile of dirty laundry or messy plates waiting to be washed up in the background! ;o)
Still got snow. I was awake at 3.15 this morning and thought it looked so bright outside that the Christmas lights must have been left on. I looked out and found a fresh layer of snow. very beautiful. Trouble is, it is very - VERY - icy underneath and very dodgy. The MIL told me that she'd had a sip out in her back garden yesterday morning. I told her off, if she falls and rips her leg open again it would be very dangerous for her. I think she was relieved not to have actually fallen and hurt herself again.
Magoo v. happy today. She had her pressie from Granny yesterday, the wooden stove/cupboard/shelf thing, and she is THRILLED. We decided she needed a few of the extras we'd bought to go with it, so she's currently cooking for Bill at the moment. He's having wooden eggs, with wooden milk, wooden veg and a slice of wooden cheese and wooden cake! FAbulous. I know people think that I am just pushing my naughty 'open-before-Christmas' habits on to her, but it's not really the case. Granny wanted to see her open her gift, and it wasn't the same without things to play with. And, it's great knowing she's going to have a week of joy with her new stuff, before the second glut comes along at the end of the week. Pretty smart when you think about it!
Time I was off. Out to get candles for the festive table and then, other than picking up the turkey during the week, that's everything bought and ready for Christmas! Hurrah!
Have a lovely Sunday, hope you can track down that pressie.
xxxx
Fiona is such a pretty girl:-) Baby girls are sweetness defined.
I love your comment about not RSVP-ing. Tis the lifestage;-) Sorry if I ever showed up with chips or pop- I'm sure I did at one point. Those 'foods' make me cringe now. I loved meals at your home. That was a true blessing considering you were a momma at the time!!
Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy the Christmas break:-)
Popping in to say hello, and wish you a great week! Miss Fiona looks so sweet in her jim jams! :) I love the new day book layout! I may have to try that some time.
I hope you managed to find the gift in a local store. What a nightmare to have them cancel the order so close to Christmas :(
Love & hugs xx
Post a Comment