Wednesday, 11 March 2009
house of snow and pestilence
We woke on Monday morning to the slightest hint of flurries but as we walked up to school it became very heavy snow and snowed all morning. Thankfully it didn't stick to the roads at all but dried up by evening and left us with every other surface blanketed in white. Beautiful! It's been cold here but bright and sunny since Tuesday. I love this kind of weather.
Mondays are my stay at home and catch up after the weekend day. We're hardly ever home on the weekends so it seems that when Monday rolls around, there's clutter everywhere, the house is a mess and I need a day to do laundry and sort out what's going on with the week. We had a lovely time enjoying the snow from indoors and Fiona actually slept for 2 naps in her crib. (unheard of in these last teething days)
Tuesday morning though, we were woken out of sleep to Gregory crying and complaining that his tummy was hurting. In less than 30 seconds, we were transported into crisis mode as he was sick, first on our bed and then in the bathroom. While Steve cleaned him up, I plunked Fiona into the bassinet, stripped the bed and started the washer, then started on the gruesome task of cleaning the bathroom. I have Lysol wipes expressly for this purpose on our "sick shelf" and I was so thankful they were around. It took us 90 minutes to clean up, for me to have a shower and then fall back into bed exhausted. Poor Fiona had to scream for 45 minutes as she wanted me and me only. We've agreed that next time, Steve will do the cleaning up and I'll nurse the baby! G wasn't sick too many times after that and we managed to solve the problem of school drop off by me watching C walk up the road. We can thankfully see him almost all the way to school.
Today, Greg is almost better. Still a bit on the sick side but he's come along well and is keeping food down. We have an extra smallish TV from my Grandma's place so I was able to set that up in his room so he can watch the occasional DVD without being out on the couch. (here's me hoping to stop the spread of illness!)
Only a few more days until break....we're all looking forward to it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi sweetie :)
as much as your title made me smile, I know having sick little ones is certainly NO fun at all, specially when they vomit everywhere, and that you have everything to clean up afterwards. I hope he'll feel 100% himself ASAP. I'll keep him in my thoughts.
Good luck for the last week before the break. Much love your way. oxoxoxo
poor you!
The one good thing I can say about tots being sick, is once they've done it they seem to recover pretty swiftly. At least Humbug does, and I am grateful to that. One sick child = so much extra laundry it has to be seen to be believed. I hope all illness has left your home now. And poor Fiona screaming for her mama. I know what that is like too! Sounds fabulous to be The One wanted, and in a way is very nice, but in reality it can be tiring and frustrating. I must reply to the rest of your email, but the creative bug hit and I had to do that instead! I chuckled at you saying that I always seem to have a project on the go, it's true, I do. I don't know what goes on in my head, but literally the second I finish something I have the urge to either make it again trying to improve, or another idea wallops into my head and I have to start working on that. It's a blessing and a pain at the same time! NO, not a pain, just sometimes wish I didn't have the compulsion to get on with it and could leave an idea on a back burner until I can make time. I just can't do that! I've been working on a Christmas related thing today, might show piccies tomorrow.
Ok, time I was off. Time to swish the little one in her bath!
have a lovely weekend, enjoy your snow if it's still there. xxxx
Post a Comment