cause Steve was sick. Yes, Steve. The man who never gets anything ended up having the same gastro as Gregory. (not a surprise when you consider that G was sick literally all over him!) It added to my workload considerably and was quite disappointing when he was sick after being at work most of Saturday (it is tax season here after all). Craziest part of my weekend was G and S being sick in the bathroom at the same time. Oh yes, good times, good times!
However, all that being in the (recent) past, on Monday, we celebrated Gregory's 4th birthday! Yes, 4 years ago he was a wee tiny little thing who was so very easygoing, we weren't quite sure what to do with him! He had a good Birthday...despite still not being 100% and we had Jello for birthday "cake". We'll celebrate with a proper cake when he's better. I'm trying not to rush him back into food as it has backfired 3 times already. So, for now, he's living on easy to digest favourites like Jello and applesauce, bananas and carbs.
Monday, I also took Fiona to her first pediatrician appointment. Here, we have General Practioners and Pediatric Consultants so my regular doctor sees her for her checks but sent her on because of her continued spitting up/choking problem. The Ped was really nice and came to a conclusion that had only slightly come into my thoughts. She thinks that Fiona has a Cow's Milk Protein allergy. Mild yes, as many babies with this problem are really unhappy and covered head to toe in eczema. Fiona has some mild eczema, the continued spitting up and some mucousy BM's. I had two options....wean and go to a hypoallergenic formula or go milk free. The Option that we've chosen is that I am removing all dairy from my own diet as the stray protein can be transmitted to her through my milk. It isn't going to be easy (I Love cheese!) but it is worth it as the Ped thinks that Fiona will most likely outgrow the allergy by 12 months and so I may not have to be dairy free for more than 6 months. So far I've discovered that I really am not fond of soy milk and that tea with lemon is better than clear tea. Any options from anyone for dairy free lunches, I'd really appreciate it as cheese is the protein staple of choice at lunch around here.
Other than that, we've been playing Monopoly, building Star Wars Lego and just hanging out. G and C spent most of Sunday and Monday glued to the DVD player...just so I could get caught up with the laundry (which was extensive by then). We are really enjoying the break and I'm so glad we get one more week :0)
A picture for you of one of Fiona's new sleepers....isn't it fab! I love the print on the sleeves too. It's all tea cups and cakes :o)
Off now so I can upload this. Boys awake but baby girl still sleeping...this makes it hour number two! Amazing! More to share next time....rice cereal makes its debut this week!


3 comments:
Hi Tanya :)
Ooooh no, I'm so sorry Steve got so sick too, and at the same time with G. You've all been so unlucky with germs this winter. I hope spring will get you all germ free, with the help of outdoor fun.
Sorry also to read you're going to be dairy-free to see if F feels better then. I'm not fond of soy milk neither, blugh.
Oh my goodness no, I missed G's birthday too. Oh my friend, I'm so sorry & feel really shameful. Please forgive me. Not really fun to be sick or recovering from tummy bug for your birthday ... I hope you'll all have the revenge soon with a "proper" birthday cake !
I wish you a better, far better weekend ahead. Thinking about you xoxoxo take care !
PS : the sleepers are soooooo cute !! Love the teacup !
poor you! What a lot of extra work for you, and of course it's no fun seeing so many of your loved ones unwell.
Hope all illness is out of the house now.
The little sleepsuit is adorable! I love it. :O)
yikes to cutting out cheese. I am a cheese addict too, so I would not enjoy it! HOpe you can come up with some nice alternatives, my mind is blank! sorry.
thanks for visiting today, much appreciated, I know you have your hands full. (please don't fret over emailing, I will try to email you as I still owe you a reply and have not forgotten, just not had a chance to write properly. Wretched projects!!!!)
xxxxx
It's been a joy to read you today and to find out what has been going on it your life. The pictures were wonderful..I loved seeing your children and new baby girl Fiona! I enjoyed "Once there was a girl" We are all fine here in New Orleans...the grandchildren are now 11, 10, and 6....where did that time go? Hugs!
Post a Comment