I'm typing quietly as Fiona is sleeping in the bassinet in the great room where we keep our computer. Actually...we have three different sleeping spaces for her during the day. Bassinet, the crib and the co-sleeper. (plus the bouncy chair and of course arms!) If G is sleeping in what we now call "their" room, I'll often put her in here. It has its disadvantages as I have to be quieter but it means she's not going to be woken by him or he by her. Advantages are that I'm around if she stirs and I can often get here back to sleep before she truly wakes up.
Today is truly a gorgeous day! Sunny with blue skies but absolutely crisp this morning as we walked up to school. We had rather a nasty weekend~ C has had some incidents with some boys at school and spent most of the last two days grumping at everyone. I thought we'd talked it through with him but obviously not enough...last night he burst into tears over the thought that he had to go back today. This morning, I had to drag him out of bed and decided put in a word with his teacher before we went home. It's hard that he should have to deal with nastiness at not even 9 years old. I hope he had a good day today...we gave him some strageties to deal with unkind words and I hope he is able to follow them. I know his teacher will help out too.
Greg and I cleaned windows this morning....cat nose prints were everywhere! They look far better now and I feel like the sunshine has somewhere to go without reminding me of the tasks I need to do. I'm in a cleaning out mood right now too....ready to sweep out the cobwebs (and yes, after 4 months of baby, there are many!!) and clean,clean, clean. First task though, is to accustom this baby to a sling so we can do more :)
I have a couple of phone calls to make...my Grandma isn't doing well so I'm kind of waiting around to see if my Mum needs to come out or not. She's planning to be with us for a week in Feb (yay!!) but she may need to come earlier. I hope she doesn't as I hope Grandma starts eating and drinking again but we just don't know.
Off now....enjoy the new week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi sweetie ! (yes, trying to catching up !)
Yeah for feeling the urge to clean, after several months of baby super-mega-care, it feels good to get one's home clean & "super" tidy, specially with spring "around the corner". Yeah for for Greg helping you with the windows ! How sweet :)
Sorry your grandma isn't feeling well. I hope she'll feel better ASAP. I hope your mom will be able to visit in February.
Sending you all much love oxoxo take care !
sorry about your Gran, I hope she's on the mend soon.
Oh yes, I understand how the cobwebs build when a little baby is in the house. They just don't give you a chance to do a thing do they? That's why I'm always in such total awe of you, because I think you do brilliantly well with three children.
Sorry about the C situation. Hope that can be sorted out quickly. Children can be so nasty, and C has had to deal with more than enough nastiness already. :O(
Thanks for your kind words yesterday. I am still floating on air after getting them made. Still can't believe I managed to do it! Loving the sewing machine too, as I was finishing sewing on it, I was thinking 'I've got loads of fabric kicking around, what can I make next'! I must be getting addicted!
Have a lovely day. Rainy here this morning.
xxxx
Hello Tania, your blog is so lovely & I'm glad I stopped by today. Fiona is growing up well & she's a cutie. I hope your Grandma gets better soon, hugs
Hi Tanya, I just discovered your new blog. It's great - especially the pictures! Will have to get together for another visit soon with Fiona and the boys.
I'm so happy to find your new blog, and catch up with you again :) Fiona is absolutely beautiful! Such a sweetie, and I can't believe she is getting so big already!
The dust, and cobwebs do build up in those early baby days. A sling was a huge help to me, especially when chasing after another little one as well :)
I do hope your Grandma is ok. I know how worried you must be.
I sent a link, and the login info to my new blog a month or two ago, but if you didn't get it, or need me to send it again, just let me know. Have a wonderful weekend! Lots of love xxx
Post a Comment