Wednesday, 14 January 2009

quiet house with grey skies...










a little Monday evening happiness for you from Miss Fiona...I was *finally* able to get back to my evening ladies Bible Study and of course, she came with me. She had a good time, we had a good study and it was so nice to see our group again.

I was out all morning Tuesday~ actually a banner day in many ways as we were out from 8:45 until 11:45 doing errands and Fiona was happy! We stopped to have a snack half way~ all 3 of us ;o) and she was happy otherwise to be in her seat and looking around. Up until now, she has been very grumpy unless she's sleeping which means shopping is short and rushed.

We had to make a stop in to Rocky Mountain Soap Company for a present and a quick stop at Toys R Us. (Crispin had a specific Playmobil piece he's looking to buy with allowance money and we said we'd check for him) and then we were off to the grocers for a quick shop.

Now, tell me, how did you manage the weekly shop when you had a little one who wasn't big enough to sit up yet?? Fiona is pretty close to sitting up and I think by somewhere around 5 1/2 months I might try but right now, she's very wobbly. If I put her in her seat in the cart, we have not enough room for a full week's worth of groceries and if I use the stroller, again, not enough room for groceries and it is awkward. I know you're going to comment to yourself "well, she already has two other children, shouldn't she know this by now??" but when C was an infant, I shopped with my Mum and she often added my purchases into her own cart so I could have room for him and with G, he was amazing happy baby/car seat boy. He *loved* shopping! So, we shopped for food three or more times a week with him. However, I can see the value in shopping one time a week but right now managing it is tricky. So, any tips greatly appreciated!




It's a grey day today...overcast with cooler temps (only 5C this afternoon) but we've had a nice time inside. I decreed it a no screen time day for the boys so G has been going through some withdrawal and C will be unhappy when he gets home but they've been glued to the computer for the past few days watching Lego videos and it was time to do something else! I spent my lunch time today making homework reminder cards for Crispin...





They aren't pretty but they'll help him remember all he needs to do every day...the most important thing!

everyone is up so I'm on my way out!





3 comments:

sadie said...

oh days like that are fabulous aren't they! I remember so well how elated I'd feel if I was able to get out, get everything done, and return home with a happy baby. I'd feel like Supermum and just happy to be able to cope! I can totally and utterly understand your joy at getting things done, and for being about to do your bible study too! I swear, you are a very good example to all mums everywhere. :O)

thanks so much for your comment! I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see some of the slightly negative things said, when I was just trying to say 'look, an early hint of spring'. I've resolved not to bother explaining myself this year, so will ignore it. :O|

Well, here we have three types of shopping trolleys. The first one being one that allows for a car seat to be placed on the top of the trolley. I hated them, because they made it very hard to see where I was going. The second type is still for tiny babies, where you don't use the car seat but place them in a moulded chair that lays at an angle, so they are almost lying down. I showed a photo of humbug in it once, I'll have to send it to you so you can see exactly what i mean. The third is the sit up seat trolley. All of which is no help for you whatsoever! it's just to let you know how I got on, and it sounds like it was much easier than the choices (or lack of) that you seem to have! It might be easier for you to go shopping by yourself one evening and let Steve look after the gang! At least that way you could concentrate. :O)

the homework reminder cards are a superb idea. Hope they help.

ok, must scoot. I wish Dud was a bit thinner, it's almost time for his yearly check up and I know exactly what the vet will say! Another diet for him I'm afraid! xxx

sadie said...

just wanted to stop by and wish you a lovely weekend. :O) xx

Nikki said...

Hi Tanya!
I thought it was about time I went blog hopping and have found your new home. I'm seriously tempted to do the same even though I love redecorating, it all takes up too much time.
Your header is absolutely gorgeous, all those lovely happy faces :)
Sounds like baby Fiona is behaving like a model baby for you, I'm sure girls are so much easier than boys! I don't envy you with your shopping dilemmas though. I can remember how difficult it was.
Hugs xxx