I was going to do my grocery shopping today but Steve needed my Driver's License for some paperwork so I am at home instead. This is OK as I also knew I wasn't ready to do my shopping. I really, really want Monday to be my shop day but I often don't have time on Sunday to put together my list and meal plan. I've been using the book Saving Dinner from Leanne's website and love it! However, even with all that ready for me, I still need to think about lunches/snacks and breakfast and plan out my menus for those. I didn't used to "have" a menu for those meals but I've found that I need to kind of know where I"m going in the week with them in order for us to eat healthier.
After 4 months of having Miss Fiona around, I'm finally getting the hang of things...or maybe I've become too tired to tell! The boys are in a good morning routine (for the most part) and I find the more prep work I do in the daytime, the better the evening runs for us. One of the issues we've been dealing with over the past few months is Fiona and her continuing "reflux" problems. I put reflux in quotes as she's been off meds for a few months now and in general, isn't nearly as unhappy as she once was but she still chokes in her sleep every few weeks and still has trouble while nursing with choking. My GP is working on getting her in to have an upper GI done and we have tried to tweak her sleeping position but we still have had quite a few episodes and I think we may have more than I know about too as she often wakes after 20-30 minutes of sleep. Sometimes I can get her back to bed but she often is up again for another 2 hours! This is rather exhausting but she's cute enough to make it worth it!
She still doesn't have any hair to speak of but she's now a very smiley and chatty girl....and she loves her brothers! This morning I had a friend over for coffee~ we don't often see each other and as she was on the way somewhere, she stopped in. It was lovely to see her and Fiona had a ball chatting away to her. Other than that, today is laundry and cooking. I'm trying to catch up from the weekend with the laundry as I missed a load Friday and Saturday (I try to do one a day with 2 at the weekend days) and I decided to change everyone's sheets and towels on the same day too. So I'm almost done...what is worth it for me about one a day is the way the boys will now put away their own laundry. I can leave such a small pile that they don't feel overwhelmed and are getting pretty good about getting it into the drawers. I'm making up for lost time with Crispin as I didn't have regluar chores and expectations for him to do when he was 2 and 3 so it's a bit like swimming uphill at times. However, we are making progress!
I'd better leave this while everyone is sleeping still and get on with a few online bits and bobs. Take care!


3 comments:
she is beautiful, and most definitely worth all the hard work! I can only imagine your tiredness with busy a busy mum of three. Whenever I feel worn out and feel sorry for myself, I think of you and how you never complain. Just roll up your sleeves and get on with things :)
W looks gorgeous. Has he lost weight? He looks very sleek. I should show Dud, who's turning into such a big porker. He constantly hassles me for food, and drives me mad. Every time I put a foot in the kitchen he's there, squarking at me!
I hope the reflux thing can be sorted out. Hopefully, it might be something she grows out of. When Humbug was very tiny she used to do this awful breathing thing during the night, that sounded like she was struggling to breathe. It really freaked me out. I've since found out from a few parents that their children did or do the same, which makes me feel a bit better. She's more or less stopped it now, but occasionally I hear it during the night. A quick check reassures me that it must just be the way she is sleeping or that she's dreaming, so I move her and problem solved. Not nice at the time though, so I can really sympathise with the reflux thing. Must scare the living daylights out of you.
xxxx
Hello there Tanya, and welcome to Blogger :-) Your new blog looks fantastic, you have done a great job! And it is so nice to catch up with you and your lovely little family, I loved the photo of your three darlings on Christmas morning, how cute they are! :-) I know what you mean about Fiona being worth it, she is a doll! That smile can melt any heart, for sure :-) Will add your blog to my blogroll, I hope that is ok?
Much love and care,
Susanne xxx
Hi sweetie :)
Three children is certainly a whole lot of work at home, I suppose. Two is already enough, so three, wow. You manage to handle everything very well, apparently, even though it must have taken time for everyone to adjust to F's rhythm.
Poor little one, who's obliged to deal with "reflux". I hope doctors will manage to sort it out ASAP so that she'll be relieved.
Big hugs your way !! xoxo
Post a Comment