Outside My Window:beautiful grey skies with a hint of sun showing through. It is pretty mild out today...maybe 9C?? At any rate, we haven't needed our winter coats for a few days and have been enjoying walking up to school with no mitts on. I'm OK if it gets colder though...actually, I'd love to have a bit of snow in the next week!!
I am Listening to: The hum of the dishwasher and otherwise silence. Steve has the kids outside so I can have a much needed quiet time. We sang for nearly 2 1/2 hours at an outreach lunch to about 300 people. It was with a group but still a lot of meet and greet with the other volunteers and some of the attendees. This introvert is exhausted!!
I am Wearing: jeans, candy cane striped shirt and socks :)
I am so Grateful for: so many things but today, that our kids did really well at the singing and outreach dinner :)
I'm thinking about: Making Christmas lists...I need to carve out some time to do that.
I am Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
I am Creating: play food, felt gnomes, possibly tents though that's under discussion
Organizing: bedroom boxes and right now laundry.
Children and Bird: Kids are good~a little Christmas Brain going on right now. Bird is great...she's so loving and affectionate with Crispin :)
Around the House: Cookie baking next week with a few theme days too. I'm looking forward to it!
From the Kitchen:see above!
Favorite Thing today:: This few minutes of quiet to recharge....always so needed.
I am Listening to: The hum of the dishwasher and otherwise silence. Steve has the kids outside so I can have a much needed quiet time. We sang for nearly 2 1/2 hours at an outreach lunch to about 300 people. It was with a group but still a lot of meet and greet with the other volunteers and some of the attendees. This introvert is exhausted!!
I am Wearing: jeans, candy cane striped shirt and socks :)
I am so Grateful for: so many things but today, that our kids did really well at the singing and outreach dinner :)
I'm thinking about: Making Christmas lists...I need to carve out some time to do that.
I am Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
I am Creating: play food, felt gnomes, possibly tents though that's under discussion
Organizing: bedroom boxes and right now laundry.
Children and Bird: Kids are good~a little Christmas Brain going on right now. Bird is great...she's so loving and affectionate with Crispin :)
Around the House: Cookie baking next week with a few theme days too. I'm looking forward to it!
From the Kitchen:see above!
Favorite Thing today:: This few minutes of quiet to recharge....always so needed.


4 comments:
Hi Tanya!
We have had a little snow today, but not much of it is sticking. I do want a white Christmas!
That is great about the outreach and 300 people, wow!
Tomorrow at our church is the children's Christmas program, I can't wait!!
Take, care and enjoy these days leading up to Christmas.
much love
xoxo
I'm really craving snow. We had a hint of it on Friday but it's been so wet that it had no chance of settling.
Lovely to see a post from you! Two and a half hours of singing - blimey, that's a lot! Good for you for doing it, and enjoy it :O)
ooh yes,cookies. I told The Girl that we'd bake cookies this week. I think we can managed some choccy chip ones, I should have the ingredients for that - thanks for the reminder!
have a lovely Sunday. I have a visitor for lunch today - wish me luck !!!!!!
xx
Hi Tanya, it's still mild here, too. We do have some snow, though. I'm hoping for some snow falling on Christmas Eve and day :) Hope you're having a good week! ((hugs))
Merry Christmas, Tanya! ((hugs))
Post a Comment