Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Well- it's a cold and frosty morning out there! Greg woke up with an upset tummy so he's home today and Crispin was super tired so we scraped the van and drove up to school today. Now we're home and cosy again. The two little ones are on separate sick beds in the living room watching Bananas in Pyjamas right now and I'm drinking up a mug of tea before I get on with my daily tasks.

Truth be told, Fiona doesn't really need a sick bed today as she's a lot better but she thinks she does and it isn't big enough to argue about :) She's been coughing, croupy and feverish for a few days now.

Tuesday is towels and bathrooms day so I have a few tasks to do yet- I've gone back to breaking up my household chores into 5 days (more thanks to Dawn and her routines) and am finding it much better.

I've suffered from a lot of anxiety and worry over the past almost year or so and my ability to maintain the house went waaay downhill so these are huge steps for me. I'm very careful not to let myself get overwhelmed with doing too much at once and I'm still amazed at how much I can get done. Fiona sleeping longer and better makes a huge difference too- we got rid of her nap this summer and she started sleeping by 7 pm instead of 10! Made a huge difference to this Mama's sanity!!

I'm on my way now- have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

sadie said...

it is fantastic when that daytime nap goes and they get tired earlier in the evening instead! I agree, it's just about being able to have your thoughts to yourself more than anything else.

Glad F is on the mend, and an extra day in bed is no bad thing :O) When the humbug was sniffly last week, she could have gone back to school on Tuesday, but I wanted to give her an extra cosy day at home, to make sure she was much better instead of 'just' better.

Weather a bit odd here right now. It's sunny, so when you're walking into town wearing fake fur like an idiot, you tend to get a touch warm. So this afternoon, when it was time to go down to the school, I knew it would be chilly so wore fake fur again, but didn't bother with hat or gloves. Mistake. It was sooooo cold!

Lovely to see two posts here this week! well done you and long may it last :O)

xx

p.s did write on RDR about The Incident that Never Was. Am still quite angry about it. One teacher is such a clown. Sadly, not a funny one.

x

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to take care of 3 little ones, a hubby & a home. The hardest part of all is balancing it all. And some room for yourself too.
I'm so happy for you that daily rhythm has changed for a better one for you, thanks to the disappearance of the afternoon nap of little Miss.
I hope to read you here on a regular base, but no pressure, do what you can do & what you want to do.
Sending you all big hugs
xoxo

Dan & Hillary said...

I know how the house can be overwhelming:-( No wonder the house-cleaning services thrive!
Hallelujah for 7pm bedtimes:-) Sanity is essential to mother-wife-hood...

~Pam~ said...

Hi Tanya,
I am so happy to see your post!!
Hope all of the children are feeling all better soon!
xxx

Julie said...

How lovely to see you posting Tanya! :) I hope your little ones are on the mend very soon. I'm intrigued by the crate system you mentioned, so I'm going to check it out. Anything that brings some organization into my life would be most welcome! Have a lovely Wednesday! We're staying cosy at home today as well. Supposed to get some snow later in the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that :)
Lots of love x

Wynne said...

Hi Tanya :)
I think I'm finally getting the hang of blogger. I still want to rearrange some stuff and add some more gadgets lol (yowindow for sure!). Hope everyone's feeling better. Wishing you a wonderful week. ((hugs))

Kathy said...

Hi Tanya, so glad to have found you again! Do you remember my old site, Butterfly Dreams? Please join me again at my new site! Your children are lovely!!