Monday, 21 November 2011


Well- it's been quite a (few) weeks. Last night, Crispin started being ill and has been ill pretty much every 30 minutes from then until 6 am this morning. Twice he missed the toilet which meant I cleaned up the bathroom twice. (Which takes close to an hour) I'm trying to decide if this is the same virus Greg and Fiona had in a different form (that's the hope!!) or a new one (that's the fear!). Right now he's sleeping which is probably the best thing for him. I'm very much hoping this is an old virus and we don't have something new to spread around.

Having more sick kids wasn't on the agenda this week but here we are- that kind of thing happens and I am learning (slowly I might add!!) to roll with it.

The computer front is looking both gloomy and semi-bright at the same time. For those who don't know- our computer hard drive went Pfft almost 3 weeks ago. It was in hostage at our local retailer for nearly 10 days before we rescued it. They were supposed to be doing a data pull before sending it off to Gateway but, they had a hard time getting the data out and didn't bother to tell us about it. We ended up phoning, finding out and then taking the computer back. Steve has an IT guy he uses at work so we thought he might be able to help. Right now he's jumping through a few hoops as the computer is still under manufacturer's warranty so if he opens it up, it will void the warranty unless he has permission. We're getting there but it may be a long time before we have our computer back!!

This has presented problems (as you can imagine!!), not the least of which is my online ordering for Christmas! I also am working on getting some etsy goods that are upload style purchasing so I've been very thankful for my smartphone :) Even so, it has it's drawbacks- some friends blogs I'm not able to comment on and I can't surf quite as quickly.

Thankfully, Steve has a laptop coming at the end of today! Technically, it's a work laptop but I'm going to use it until we sort out our other one. If they can't repair, then we'll get a new computer.

And...our family grew by one member yesterday! Crispin got his very own cockatiel! Her name is Jackie, she's grey with a yellow stripe and she was hand raised which means she's very tame. She hates the cage and wants out as soon as she sees you! Crispin is amazing with her- he's so good with animals. She's a bit confused today as he hasn't been able to interact with him but I did have her out of the cage for a while which helped :) He's just so pleased to have a pet he can hold.

Well- I'm off. My third load of Sanitize laundry is nearly done and I have folding to do. Then it's on with the regular laundry. Take care!









1 comment:

sadie said...

yikes. that's a lot of hard work for you Tanya.

Poor C. I hope he's on the mend now. It's a rotten time of year for bugs and germs.

How fab for him to have his own pet!

xx