Tuesday, 25 January 2011

that floor's coming when??

We've had a few delays and adjustments to our flooring schedule. Waited all day Wednesday for said flooring installers to show up, got a phone call late Wed. to say the flooring product was delayed. Reschedule for Monday (yesterday), they show up, tell me they want to pull all the flooring out that day (we had been told just the new lino and stair carpet were going in), so I frantically rushed around getting some parts of the house ready for them to demolish. By the end of the day, we had new lino and stairway carpet and the carpet was out of Fiona's room. They made arrangements to show up today to pull the rest of the laminate and install the new floor. Walked home from school drop off this morning to find them waiting with bad news. Our new floor is somewhere between Ontario and here but the bad snowstorms has delayed and backlogged everything! So no floor today and actually, prob no floor for another week~ which means we're living in limboland for a while. Thankfully, as we didn't have everything ready for them to pull the floor out, we still have upstairs laminate (except for in Fiona's bedroom which we'll keep off limits) and in a week perhaps, we'll have new floor laid. It's been quite the week already (and it's only Tuesday!)

It's been a crazy sleeping week too...we're dealing with some sleep fears on Fiona's part as backlash from an incident that happened last month. She's become quite scared of sleep and it's been trying having a little 2 year old up until 11 or so each night~ scared to sleep and overtired. I've been trying to spend a bit of quiet time every day on my own...if I got too long without Tanya time, I get grumpy and I've been *there* a few times in the past weeks. So right now, when she is sleeping on Tues/Thurs, I make the time to do something fun for me. I've got the urge right now to do some crafting with wool felt, just to see what it's like and the difference in feel. Anyone used the new eco-felt or wool felt?? I have some Valentine goodies I'd like to create and there's a shop in town that sells wool felt which means it will be affordable (no shipping and CAD). The only hitch is that it is right downtown which means a trek and parking and an unhappy Fiona. However, it might be all worth it just for wool felt! 

It's been grey and rainy here....many days of drizzle and not much sun. La Nina in Victoria. I really wouldn't mind a good dose of winter. (dodges large object thrown by sister in Manitoba...they've had record amounts of snow) It just doesn't seem likely that we'll get much though...sadly.

I'm off...there are a few things to sort out downstairs and Miss Fiona is sleeping downstairs too in Greg's bedroom so I prefer to be close to her. Speak soon.


1 comment:

sadie c said...

what was the sleeping related incident? Must have been pretty traumatic to make her stay awake so late each night. Hard work for you.

Sorry about all the flooring drama! Ick. This is EXACTLY why I am happy to wait until September before we start on the flooring in the hall/stairway/landing. And I've already told Bill that next year I want a new kitchen! Yikes! Am I mad? Probably, but it is about time to replace what we have. Just need to make sure little one is out of the way so she's not upset. Amazing how much dispruption things can cause.

Must scoot. Am trying to zip around and say a few hellos. Time on the computer (other than tweeting here and there) has been pretty rare!


sadie
xxx