Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Where has the month gone?

I always get to the end of a month and wonder where on earth it has gone! I almost always start out the month with a clean calendar page with only a few appointments booked on it and end up with a page full of "stuff". Sometimes it would be far better for me not to have so much going on but it is amazing how the time goes by so quickly.

The past month was spent with me spending every available moment doing one of two things....Christmas shopping or spending time with a good friend who is now en route to move to Australia forever. We are so alike and have been friends for nearly 15 years so it was hard to see her for the last time and know that our coffee and Bible study times are at an end in person. We're so glad for Skype as at least we can actually "meet" once a week or more.

We've slowly settled into a routine.....Mondays and Wednesdays we reserve for something fun so Greg has good stuff going on at home on his days off school and the girly and I go shopping and run errands on Tuesday/Thursday/Fri AM. Today we are making new playdough and dying silks with Kool-Aid I think. (G and F don't know it yet but they will be Christmas gifts for them)

I'm slowly working on getting boxes unpacked from the painting "move"...yes, I'm aware it has now been 2 months, actually almost 3 months! I'm not sure any of you manage, but trying to fit in anything else other than just the regular cleaning/cooking/laundry has been a challenge for me lately. However, good news is that Miss Fiona seems to be getting more independent and actually wants to be with me doing something rather than always up or nursing. Sometimes she's more enthusiastic than I'd like but she's really interested in what we are doing which is wonderful.

Just so you can all marvel at how time flies, here are the school pics of the boys this year. Crispin is Grade 5 and Greg is in kindy.







Aren't they getting huge?? Crispin almost reaches my nose with the top of his head now!

I'm on my way to start my day now but I do hope to be back before long. (Yes, I know, famous last words!!)

Take care.


3 comments:

~Pam~ said...

Hi Tanya,
I am sorry I haven't been around to your blog lately. I have missed you!
It is so nice to see pics of the children, my goodness they are getting so big!
I am sorry your friend is moving away. But I am glad you will be able to keep in contact online. :-)

Enjoy the rest of the week/month.
Be blessed!
~hugs~

Elizabeth said...

Hi Tanya, how nice to catch up with you, October has been way too fast for me too. The boys are so grown up already, Fiona is so cute & grown up too :o)
I enjoyed getting back in touch with you & your family, hugs

sadie said...

lovely to find a post.

I'm glad you can stay in touch with your friend.

You are such a busy lady xxx