Monday, 9 February 2009

safe in the arms of Jesus

Ruth Esther Adah Doucette McIntyre Hall went to be with Jesus at 6:30 pm tonight.


She was my last surviving grandparent and perhaps the one I am most like.....we miss her already. She was a teacher, poet, artist, artisan and actress. She was a maddeningly stubborn woman but with a spark that was always there~ even in her last days.


Safe in the arms of Jesus,

safe on His gentle breast.

There by His love o’ershaded,

sweetly my soul shall rest.


Grandma~ we miss you.



4 comments:

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Oh Tanya, I am so sorry. Please accept my most sincere condoleances & sympathy. May she rest in peace now.
Thinking about you all, and hoping that G will feel better soon & that F will sleep longer soon too. Good luck to you, my friend. Much love your way xoxoxo

sadie said...

I am so sorry Tanya. I saw your comment and came over to leave a note.

A very beautiful photo.

Thinking of you xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Tanya, it's such a precious photo with the baby, she looked like a wonderful Grandma. You're very much in my thoughts, hugs

Julie said...

Oh Tanya I'm so sorry. What a wonderful photo of your Grandma with Fiona.
I'm sorry to hear you guys have had the sickies also. My two have been ill this week with some sort of cold, and sickness bug. Poor babies. I hope G feels better soon.
Happy Valentine's Day for tomorrow! Love & hugs xxx