Thursday, 26 February 2009

9th Birthday....



Last Saturday, we hosted a 9th birthday party for Crispin. Yikes...9!! How did he get so big?? As usual, it was a hockey focus so we bought NHL napkins, plates and tablecover. I baked some pretty simple cupcakes (wacky cake if you must know!), frosted them with whipped cream and then added some special Oreos made in Canada.... Hockeyville 09 ones.




They have the logos for all the Canadian NHL teams on them. I made sure Vancouver (our closest NHL franchise) was featured enough times for all the hockey addicts we'd invited, set them out in a nine shape on a platter and watched as they were devoured! So simple and easy.



The boys and Steve played road hockey for almost an hour before, came in and ate cake and ice cream sundaes and then we did a simple present opening. Crispin only had two friends and Gregory but he had a blast! And of course, Miss Fiona watched it all from her new vantage point....




Nikki...this is an exersaucer. The seat can circle around as Fiona moves (she loves to spin to see what the boys are doing) and the bottom is stable on the floor. It's been an invaluable tool for right now but she's definitely getting ready to sit up and is not particularly happy for long periods of time. Some times I think she'd jump right out if she could!

My Mum headed home yesterday so we're adjusting to not having Grandma in our house to talk to, be held by and chatter at. She has a wonderful relationship with my boys so they were especially sad to see her go. However, hopefully we'll go out in the summer and see my new little niece or nephew :)

I'm just at the end of a much needed quiet time for me....speak soon!

2 comments:

sadie said...

I'm sure the boys were sad to see your mum leave :o(

The photos aren't showing up, so I will stop by over the weekend to see if they materialise!

have a lovely weekend xx

sadie said...

gorgeous! I am so glad I came back after reading your comment. ooh, I am craving oreos now, good this we are off shopping this morning!
Love your cake, what a really good idea, I think I prefer it to one large cake :O)

have a lovely weekend, will email soon xxxx