Thursday, 19 January 2012

Snow Day!

Happy Thursday!

It`s been cold here for the past week with temperatures hovering around the freezing 0C mark. Tuesday we had a little skiff of snow....just enough to play in for a moment and it melted by the afternoon. Streets were icy and dangerous...so much so that C missed his usual tuesday evening out. By that point, they`d blocked off our neighbourhood as there were so many accidents on the side streets around us. Wednesday, we woke up to snow falling steadily outside and a nasty wind. Sure enough, school was cancelled and they were calling for 10+ centimeters of snow to fall before noon. We went outside in the morning to shovel the walk and play a bit but the wind was so vicious it drove us back inside where we drank hot chocolate, read and some of us played on the Wii for a little bit. Here`s what it looked like out the window.

And the railings in the back....you can see how much snow we got in only a few hours!

here's what we did while waiting for it to calm down outside...

A little playing


a little Lego building....

some cheeping...

Finally after lunch, we got to go up the street to the park to get in a little tobogganing before dinner!! At least 2 people went tobogganing and 2 of us just played in the snow covered park.







A perfect snow day!!

Today it is business as usual though with an added extra layer of whiteness outside. Lovely to look at and play in on the way to school this morning! Be back soon :)

3 comments:

sadie said...

oh how lovely. I wish we had some here too. So far, nothing. And I miss it.

Love seeing your photos though, made me smile. Quite a feat this week!

thanks for your comments. I'm just in a moany mood!

xx

Wynne said...

Hi Tanya!
Love, love, love the pics! Your children are adorable :) In answer to your question about my cats: they do play-fight more than girl kitties, in my experience. And, it often turns into someone getting clawed and then the play turns serious. I prefer female pets. But, the boys were a day away from being 'put down' when I had 'no choice' (lol) but to rescue them. They were about 2 months old (this was in 2000). I went to the Pound to look at a featured female ragdoll kitten originally, but she was adopted by the time I got there (wasn't SPCA, but 'the pound' facility). I wanted another kitty for Fritz when my Chloe passed away (Fritz and Chloe had been together for 12 years). But, alas, came home with the wee boys for Fritz lol. I love the boy cats dearly, though. They don't have serious fights often, either. They're just different than girl kitties, in my opinion. Can't imagine us without them, though :) And, I miss Fritz still every day. It's been 7 1/2 years already since she passed away. Stay warm! Lotsa hugs xx

sadie said...

thanks for the links in your comment! Tried one out earlier, and though not as good as Picnik, a great alternative!

So thank you . Much appreciated.

Skiing weekend?! You are so showbiz!
xx