Outside My Window: blue sky and no cloud today but not too hot. (whew!) Only supposed to be about 24 today.
I am Listening to: sound of little people playing and a Magic Tree House audiobook in the background
I am Wearing: cropped jeans, long sleeved cranberry shirt for now (I'll change up to a short sleeved one later), bare feet
I am Thankful for: cooler temperatures and a clear schedule
I'm thinking about: how to *do* summer with a tween, a 5 going on 15 year old and a clingy toddler....my balance is off and we have spent most of this week doing laundry. Sigh.
I am Reading: The London Eye Mystery by Sibohan Dowd. So well written and a fascinating jaunt into the mind of a boy with autism. Really helped me think about my friend's son and what he may think and feel.
I am Creating: nothing right now but I have plans for felted dryer and play balls for Christmas pressies.
Household Rhythm: I need to start doing a massive declutter of our bedroom. We have a dumping ground right now and it isn't pretty. Steve would appreciate a retreat I think.
In the Garden: pretty sad right now but I planted out the dahlias and am planning to buy a few veggie plants to plant out.
The House: almost done washing and folding the laundry from the weekend, we've got plans for C and G's rooms in the next week.
From the Kitchen: getting into the summer routine of salads and easy meals. Our favourite this year is Thai Chicken Noodle Salad.
I'm loving: simple fruit syrups a la Mothering Magazine to put in my sparkly water. Pomegranate went over OK, I'm making lemon-ginger and lime today. So excited (maybe more than I should be!)
I like this daybook style....it's easy to write and I don't feel quite so blah about my boring life!
A picture thought from recent days....two sleeping children :)
I'll try this again tomorrow :)


2 comments:
morning! Nice to find a post :O) Love the sleeping children piccie.
Back later. xxxx
I had the most awful thought yesterday, and realised that the anniversary of Winston was coming up. I had it in my mind as July, but it wasn't was it? It was May. I can't believe he has been gone a year. We were always chatting about the weights of Dud and Win, and it is with total shock that I realise we hadn't done so for over a year now. :o(
just wanted to say that I hadn't forgotten, just misplaced the date. No change there. Me and dates are no longer a good match, I blame being a mum on that one.
xx
Post a Comment