It has been forever! I'll give you an update about all of us. Let's see...who shall we start with??
OK, we'll start with C. He's been busy biking, playing and just generally relaxing after the rigors of Grade 3. We've already had our yearly dose of summer flu~ Crispin pushes himself so hard that he almost always comes down with a bug in early July. Usually, it is a week or more of lying comatose on the couch but this year it was only about 4 days. He attended a bike camp all last week and loved it. He's glad to have respite from Maths and some time to pursue other fun interests (like photography...see below!) Fiona loves having him home and it will be quite the adjustment for us again in September. Apparently, taking pictures of your Bionicles is good fun on a cool July afternoon!
Greg is enjoying summer too...he loves having his big brother home all day (although the bickering can be a bit much at times). He's busy perfecting the art of lower case letters (both recognition and writing them...he finds the ones with hooks a bit tricky), drawing pirate maps and is, at present, probably listening to another recitation of "Uncle Pete's Pirate Adventure". He's especially loving the fact that Daddy is taking every Friday off all summer so we have extended weekends. (need I say that I am also ecstatic about this!!)
Here's Greg on his Trail a Bike . He loves being able to go on bike rides with Steve and Crispin. This year he's actually learning to pedal along with Steve. (this is both good and bad I'm told!) They all did a fundraising ride for Cancer Research together....lots of fun. Greg especially enjoyed the bouncy castle and cookies at the end.
Miss Fiona. She's a busy, paper eating, furniture cruising, kinda smiling baby. We have lots of hand waving, some babbling and even what we would say are some words. " a ba"= A bath (favourite place!) "da" = the all important Daddy "oon"= spoon. Solids wise....she's moving in the right direction but oh man, she does not like certain textures!! So far both potato and sweet potato are high on the "yuck, don't try and feed that to me again!" list and I imagine that squash might also be there too. Not sure why she'll happily down paper products (ah, our little book eater!) but refuses food!
A little light Star Wars chewing...um, reading... anyone??
The boys and Steve went tent camping last weekend. The boys had a great time....Steve not so much! Here are some pics from the weekend...last pic courtesy of Crispin! (we think we need to get him an inexpensive digital camera...he loves taking pics)
I'm off now...it's close to 9 am and I have a nine year old finally awake but the baby is still having her morning nap (and the four year old has been playing downstairs for a while). Speak soon!



2 comments:
yey, a Tanya post!
You are one busy lady. I can totally imagine the noise of the boys at home!!!
love the piccie of you and miss kitty ears. Your hair looks fine to me. Anyway, who has time to go to the hairdressers? I know I don't!
have to laugh at the paper eating minx who refuses real food in favour of books etc! So naughty!
You are so lucky to have Steve home on Friday's too. I wish Bill could do that.
Another storm rumbling in, I will tell it to visit you next! xxxx
just me - again! Have ended up with a bit of free time as I was going to bake some biccies. I'd got everything ready, then went outside to put some rubbish out. Found a horrid scene - dead bird on the grass, poor blackbird shouting angrily on the fence, and a nasty looking cat skulking around Pumpkin Patch Farm. After burying the bird the last thing I felt like doing was happily baking. Thought I'd squeeze in a few visits and make a little post.
Hope you are all well. Sending you lots of love :) xxxx
Post a Comment