So today,somehow, this house and this life isn't nearly as overwhelming as it had been....yes, the laundry is still ongoing, the dust still threatens to take over in a massive coup and yes, my decor is still late winter rather than early spring but this life is *good*. Some pics from around the house...
Wheat grass growing for the cat....he's doing so much better but his tummy is still quite easily upset so I'm going to wait until the end of the week to give this to him. (so he'll stay away from my plants!)
And yes, here he is, the great Winst himself. He's really returned to normal in the past few days. He hasn't got the hang of eating dry food with his somewhat toothless mouth but the vet assures me he will. He lost all the upper teeth on one side along with two on the other so he has to place the food perfectly in order to chew it down. He is so much happier though and you can tell he's just feeling good not being in pain any longer. The worst and saddest moment for us post surgery was waking up in the night after he'd come home and finding him wedged in between us. He wasn't purring and didn't purr even when I scratched his head but you could tell he just needed us and felt completely bewildered. I'm so glad he's better!
And Miss Fiona! She's showing off her playpen....new now that we've put away the bassinet part. And, she's showing off how well she can sit up! She's doing well although not quite to the point where I've put her on our hardwood floors yet to play. She's almost there though and is more than ready to get moving. We're going to wait until tax season is over and then do a big clean, declutter and make the boys a play space downstairs for the Lego/Playmobil and sundry other toys that won't be Fiona friendly for some time. The boys are starting to think about the little pieces and keep them up without even me asking which is excellent.
We're off to dinner at church tonight...we enjoy these once a month Wednesday night suppers. Tonight is missionary letter reading which the boys always enjoy too. And, I don't have to cook which is a bonus for me although I will need to bake to make sure I have something to take with me :) This non-dairy thing is hard at times but so, so worth it!
Speak soon.


2 comments:
How I understand that drowning feeling. And Tanya, I only had one child to deal with. How you cope so well with three just takes my breath away. Don't beat yourself up for feeling overwhelmed at times, it is HARD looking after children, and looking after a baby so young is a full time job in itself. Add to that sickness and the never ending laundry, and it really can get you down.
But how like you to see the positive and look on the bright side!
It took me a long, long time to feel that I was finally getting the hang of being a mum and running the house. I admire how you cope so well. No matter what you think, I think you are pretty amazing. :O)
Winston looks fab, I'm so pleased he's back to normal! ooh, must start off some of that grass for Dud. Not that he deserves it, he's been a total ratbag lately.
Miss Fiona is beautiful. Ooh, now, here's something to remember. The more mobile she gets, the more independent she will be and the less you will need to hold her. Humbug was very much the same. Always wanting to be held - night and day - but as soon as she could crawl that was it. She was out of my arms and exploring her new found independence. Sad and wonderful at the same time!
xxxxx
Well, Sadie summed up my own ideas too, sweet Tanya ! You already do an amazing job taking care of three little ones, a cat, a husband & a house ... don't be too hard on yourself, and please do treat yourself whenever you can, you must never ever forget you. You're the one who make everything possible, remember.
I'm proud of you, you know, that you managed to look on the bright side of the things, it's oh so easy to see the other, dark, depressing side, and that's no good. Your vision is the good one. Hang in there, you'll get a bit more time for yourself soon.
I keep thinking about you, and hope that YOU are doing fine. Nothing worse than a sick or ill mama. So, please, take good care of you.
Sending you tons of hugs, sweet friend. Thank you soooo much for sharing your photos today, and your thoughts too. We always love to hear them. Well, read them.
Happy Easter ! oxoxoxo
Post a Comment